The current area of the municipality of Albufeira lies occupied by man since at least 2000 BC The Romans gave it the name of Baltum , and the Arabs. who occupied in 716 , and named it Albuar Albuhera ( ‘ the sea ‘, ‘ lagoon ‘, second other experts ‘ castle of the ocean ‘, whence the place name.
Its castle , virtually impregnable due to its strategic position , was the last Arab stronghold to fall into the hands of King Afonso III of Portugal , which marked the victory with the practice of unnecessary cruelty . Albufeira submitted in 1249 , then in 1250 was donated to the Order of Avis .
Portugal > Albufeira holidays > Hotel Alisios
Flight & Hotel
Thu 11 Oct 2018
Bed and Breakfast